Welcome to the Institute of Electrical Inspectors (IEI) Australia
The Electrical Industry's Information Resource
As a person engaged in the Electrical Industry, you would be aware that the safety of persons using electricity is paramount.
Knowing that mishandled electricity can be extremely dangerous, perhaps even fatal, the Institute of Electrical Inspectors (IEI) and its members are committed to improving design, installation, inspection and use of this energy to ensure that safety is maintained and improved.
Are you aware that you may be eligible to be a member of an Australian Organisation whose primary aim is to co-operate in the making of joint ASNZS Standards, Guidelines and Codes of Practice for the safe installation and use of electrical materials and equipment and to promote uniform understanding and application of Australian Electrical Standards?
The IEI undertakes the following:
1. Assist in writing, evaluating and providing input into joint ASNZS Standards.
2. Provide comments on relevant draft legislation.
3. Lobby for uniform and sustainable National rules and Inspection methods.
4. Aims to ensure that Members keep up to date with news relevant to the Industry via email alerts and the IEI website.
5. Supports Inspectors interests to manufacturers, laboratories and contractors.
6. Works to further develop the Electrical Industry.
7. Urges cooperation among Inspectors, Government, Regulators, Industry and the Public.
The Institute is represented on numerous Standards Australia committees including EL-001 Wiring Rules (ASNZS 3000) where the interests of Electrical Safety, Electricians and Electrical Inspectors are supported. In addition the IEI has a sound relationship with state regulators including members in a number of those Offices.
By becoming a member of the IEI, you will:
- have the advantage of increasing your Technical knowledge, competitiveness and productivity in your field.
- You will learn about problems and experiences other Electrically Qualified people face in the field,
- Obtain experience from our experts interpreting legislation, regulations, wiring rules and issues relating to other standards, codes of practice, guidelines and testing procedures.
The IEI is fast becoming the Australian Electrical Industry’s information resource, for a reasonable annual subscription you will have access to information nights, website member’s area, Email Alerts and access to Members from all areas of the Electrical Industry.
Membership details can be found here: IEI membership information page
Now is the time to become a member, to assist and share in developing and obtaining improved services.
Thankyou for taking the time to visit the Institute of Electrical Inspectors Australia Website, if you require any further information, please go to the "Contact Us" page and submit an enquiry.